There's some comment about marking as a large area of highway=pedestrian
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Tag:highway%3Dpedestrian

But this seems not to be able to differentiate between a market place
(commonly filled with stalls) and effectively an extra-wide pathway
provided outside a civic building.

I haven't been convinced by this, and haven't mapped the market place
in my local town yet.

Tristan

2008/9/3 Valent Turkovic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hi,
> I'm wondering how do I need to correctly map marketplace?
>
> Only help I found on wiki is this page:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Proposed_features/Marketplace
>
> So please give me some additional hints.
>
> Cheers,
> Valent.
>
> --
> http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
> linux, blog, anime, spirituality, windsurf, wireless
> registered as user #367004 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org.
> ICQ: 2125241, Skype: valent.turkovic

Tristan Scott BSc(Hons)
Yare Valley Technical Services