On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 1:33 PM, Erik Johansson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 11:51 AM, Tristan Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> There's some comment about marking as a large area of highway=pedestrian
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Tag:highway%3Dpedestrian
>
> amenity=marketplace works great with building=yes and
> highway=pedestrian, maybe highway=temporary_road +car=no+bike=no to
> tag the walks between the stalls. Don't make your data too terse,
> desribe what is there. If you believe markets are important then spend
> time mapping them.

It is not problem spending time mapping them because I believe that
mapping markets is important, the problem is how.
The wiki page has almost no data how to do it, and I see that you have
much more knowledge that I read from wiki page.
Can you please share your knowledge by updating wiki page about market
places? -
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Proposed_features/Marketplace

Cheers,
Valent.