Mark Williams wrote:
> I can't think of any way other than a link to the operator's URL that's
> going to allow this to actually, really, work for timings, so some sort
> of guide value is required - I do think this should be per route not
> generic, the average I alluded to earlier is in the nature of a fix
> because right now, I haven't seen an OSM-based router route on ferries
> at all, so a silly time is better than avoiding it altogether.

I can see an opportunity for another spin off site which osm can link to that
can look up the relevant timetables and direct you to the operator's booking
page ;)
Could probably even make money from it :)

Train times would also fit well into that approach, as well as other
'timetabled' events?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL