David Earl schrieb:

Doh. It was the display contrast setting. The strap must have got caught over the buttons when I was mounting it, and on the start up display the OK button pressed enough times (with one crucial press of the down arrow key) will push the contrast up to unusable. It does require the button to be pressed _and released_ many times, not just held down, so I am still puzzled how this could have happened.

If you manage to depress the button just so it barely makes contact this might get recorded as many single presses.

--

Dirk-Lüder "Deelkar" Kreie
Bremen - 53.0952°N 8.8652°E