Am Sonntag 05 Oktober 2008 10:36:49 schrieb Tristan Scott:
> I'm been poking round the area of Enfield Road, Norwich, UK and some of the
> roads have speedbumps - I have changed the unclassified tags for
> traffic_calming tags on the highway. Now they're not rendered at all!
>
> So my question is that... am I doing anything wrong?
> Or is the renderer really ignoring a highway tag on a renderable highway?
>
> name=Enfield Road
> highway=traffic_calming
> traffic_calming=bump
>
> Also, someone's changed one back to residential, leaving the
> traffic_calming=bump value. The road is shown in mapnik and osmarender as a
> residential road - no traffic_calming rendering visible.
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Key:traffic_calming

The wiki was wrong on highway=traffic_calming. This was just added by a user
some time ago for no apparent reason. I've removed it again.
Just use the normal highway=* classification appropriate for that road.

AFAIK none of the renderers understand the traffic_calming=* tags yet, that's
why they aren't rendered.

Regards, Marc