Nic,

> I have previously reported how someone with the screen name
> 'thebigfatgeek' has messed up a roundabout in Pretoria.

I'm sorry this happens.

> I would be grateful if Frederik can run his revert tool again. In fact I
> wouldn't mind if it's in a cron job.

I am approached every now and then by people who would like something
reverted. It is quite a dilemma for me, in most cases I don't even know
the place or the people involved - so who am I to decide who is right
and who is wrong?

It is easy in cases where someone says "oops I made a mistake here, can
someone help fixing it". But in cases where someone says that someone
else is doing bad work and that someone else is not available for
comment, should I really simply remove their contributions? I don't feel
I have a right to - there is no law against bad edits!

I really want to do the project good, but I have a feeling that
reverting edits that are considered bad by a few users is probably
abusing my powers as a script writer. I would do that for an area I know
and where I could conceivably also fix things by hand, but for Pretoria...?

What whout the others suggest? Or do if they were me? I could of course
just publish the script (those with a clue can write their own anyway),
but would this perhaps run the risk of giving tools to clueless people
that they cannot wield properly?

Bye
Frederik

--
Frederik Ramm  ##  eMail [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ##  N49°00'09" E008°23'33"