On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 10:43 AM, Tom Hughes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Lukasz Szybalski wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 10:22 AM, Tom Hughes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> Mapnik is just a rendering engine - where you put the tiles that it
>>> generates and how your web server maps URLs to those tiles is nothing to
>>> do
>>> with mapnik.
>>>
>>> Our mapnik tile server uses mod_tile to server the mapnik generated
>>> tiles,
>>> which uses the google style URL scheme, not a TMS URL scheme.
>>
>> We are getting somewhere..
>> Is there a name for "gogle style URL scheme" in openlayers? (Not TMS
>> we know now)
>
> Why do you care so much? What's wrong with just using our layer definitions?
> Those use TMS but override the URL generation to generate a URL in the right
> format.

Because I need mapnik to render planet then I will use openlayers to
display it. Openlayers has a wrapper in tw.openlayers (tosca widgets)
which I can import into my turbogears application which enables me to
display my custom layer on top of the openstreetmap.org layer all
using python.

So if I can't figure out what url scheme is used to display mapnik
data, I can't tell if openlayers will display it, and if I don't know
which part of openlayers displays it I can't check if the wrapper in
toscawidgets is done for that part, and if its not done then how is it
all going to work?

I hope that makes it clear why I need to know:
What is the url scheme for mapnik images, ( its google style URL, is
there a proper name for it?)
Is there a sample code in openlayers that displays google style url
and I can use it to display mapnik data?

Thanks,
Lucas

--
Turbogears2 Manual