David Ebling wrote:

> -Primary, trunk and secondary roads have no casing on them. This makes road
>  junctions into a big mess, and you can't see what's what at all.

I believe Steve has already says he plans to reintroduce more casings.

> -The road refs aren't centred properly in their boxes. This looks really
 >  poor. Also, they aren't as clear as the used to be.

This isn't really new - they have never been very good. We think it is
some sort of pixel rounding issue in mapnik because sometimes it is
better than others. The side effect is that the shield can't be shrunk
as much as I would like as we have to allow space for the text to wander
around a bit inside the shield.

The real answer is for somebody to implement support for vector symbols
and shields in mapnik anyway ;-)

> -Train stations were better in red than blue, as they stood out better.
> Again, I find the new colour too pale.

This one I definitely agree with. I much preferred the old station symbols.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
http://www.compton.nu/