On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 9:54 AM, Jukka Rahkonen
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I would like to make clear that I do not demand any special services for the
> Windows users. I understand that this project is running on Linux and that
> osm2pgsql is done for Mapnik rendering and it is not meant to be used as a
> general OSM data conversion tool. For that purpose having an ogr2ogr driver
> would be a better solution. Osm2pgsql.exe is just damn fast in importing OSM
> data into PostGIS in Windows environment and therefore I am, if not so very
> willing, but anyway ready to pay for the kind developer who would add those
> two
> missing features.

I have in the past asked for anyone who got osm2pgsql to compile under
windows to send the patches needed to make it work. However, there
seems to be a lack of windows developers out there :(

It's quite probable that over time some gcc specific features have
snuck in, but I can't tell what will work on windows.

There has to be someone out there which a windows devel environment
would can spend an afternoon fixing any issues....

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> http://svana.org/kleptog/