On 28/11/2008 09:12, Simone Cortesi wrote:
> 2008/11/28 Bernhard Zwischenbrugger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
>> Some cities like Havanna have wrong coordinates. No idea why the namefinder
>> thinks that Havanna in the USA is more important, than Havanna in Cuba.
>
> Official name for the capital of Cuba isn't perhaps "La Habana"?

There isn't a name:en tag for Havana.

And note that the en name is spelled Havana, not Havanna.

So it's no wonder it didn't find it.

However, having said that, if two places are marked as cities, it is
random as to which is shown first, I make no value judgments as to
"importance" in the search other than by ranking the place according to
city,town etc. There appear to be no cities at all in the index named
'Havana'.

Paris is the same. The one in Ontario is also a city, and I have no
mechanical means of distinguishing them.

London I'm not sure about - still checking.

David