On Friday 12 December 2008 10:23:37 Ed Loach wrote:
> I just spotted the following (video) news report on the BBC website:
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7778886.stm
> I don't believe the featured street has been mapped yet
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=52.37471&lon=-2.3144&zoom=15
> but it looks like to have addressing tags on it each house would
> need to be added manually.
 The messiness of UK and other European countries when it comes to numbering
is old news, is there anything else on that page? I can't watch the video
(flash video is a broken idea). Obviously, if there is no logical assignment
of numbers, or one that is broken too often, mapping each number makes sense,
this thread is not about that.

PS: I'm subscribed to this list, no need to CC me.