On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 08:50:10PM +0800, D Tucny wrote:
> > In the area I was in yesterday, and the recreation ground I was looking at,
> > the dog bins are more numerous than the litter bins.
> >
> I've never heard of them called dog bins before...

Oh, we have some “colloquial” councils; he’s not alone.  From the first
pages of google.co.uk search results for “inurl:.gov.uk "dog bin"” and
“inurl:.gov.uk "dog waste bin"”:

dog bin:

  * www.wakefield.gov.uk
  * www.darlington.gov.uk
  * www.solihull.gov.uk
  * www.lewes.gov.uk
  * www.tauntondeane.gov.uk
  * www.penwith.gov.uk

With a special mention for a home office site:

  * www.crimereduction.homeoffice.gov.uk

dog waste bin:

  * online-services.lincoln.gov.uk
  * www.east-northamptonshire.gov.uk
  * www.norfolk.gov.uk/
  * www.hartlepool.gov.uk
  * www.tandridge.gov.uk
  * www.wrexham.gov.uk
  * www.bradwell-pc.gov.uk

Both:

  * www.teignbridge.gov.uk
  * connect2.northamptonshire.gov.uk
  * www.stockton.gov.uk

I never thought I’d do an analysis of dog poo and councils.  Time for a
map showing the distribution? ☺

Simon
simple system that works.—John Gall