Hi!

sylvain letuffe schrieb:
> Maybe we could share coding power, configuration power, network ressource
> power as I'm working on a similar project :
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Hiking_Map#OpenHikingMap
> ( just over the comment you just added )

I'll be happy to share whatever resources we can.

I had a very short look at your map, but to be honest I did not spend
much time there.

> As I can see, your maps are far better than mine, that's a totally awesome
> work !

Thank you, I am glad you like it. But if you see room for improvement,
please let me know. I know there is still much to do.

> Could you provide details of the configuration setup you made ? ( mapnik,
> database server ? course of action ? )

I'll extend the description in the Wiki after christmas. But much of my
setup is still very much experimental, I am still on the learning curve.

> - I have a dedicated server offered by my company to play with (with a minor
> restriction) but with virtually ilimited bandwidth (100Mbs link)
> - something like 1 To disk space, computing power (dual-core 2.6GHZ), 2GO
> RAM,
> and on it whatever I want : web server, postgis install, mapnik libs, ...

Well, if we reach a stage where the map needs regular updating and I
need my own desktop machine for something else, I think some additional
power might be very helpful.

Let's see what we can get going together.

bye
        Nop