I notice that abandoned railways are now being rendered on Mapnik.  I'm
not sure that this is a good idea.  Fairly near to me there are a few
abandoned railway that have  been made into footpaths or cycle paths and
they are tagged as such and render as such.  There are also a few
abandoned railways that have gently melted into the landscape, with no
feature left visible on the ground, yet these are displaying on the
Mapnik render.  I think these would be better preserved on a dedicated
railway map and leave Mapnik for things that can be seen on the ground
today.  Mapnik is one of the principal views of our work to the public -
I'd like to keep it relevant to that.

Cheers, Chris