2009/1/22 Christopher Schmidt <crschm...@metacarta.com>:
> On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 12:23:56PM +0000, LeedsTracker wrote:
>> 2009/1/22 Christopher Schmidt <crschm...@metacarta.com>:
>> In mapnik, some bits rendered slightly differently in style (e.g. base
>> background colour differs).
>
> This is intentional. When you zoom in or out, it's nice to see a
> difference between what is 'up-to-date' and what is not -- the way I've
> implemented that is with a background color change (from tan -> white).

Yes, makes sense.

>> Some names (e.g. of buildings or streets)
>> rendered differently to weekly mapnik too.
>
> Positioning, or text? Positioning may be different, because the image is
> not tiled in the same way, so I've seen things shift a little due to
> different available spacing.

Seems to be slightly different rules about which names are rendered.

E.g. this area has no changes since last mapnik weekly (AFAIK):
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=53.79741&lon=-1.58727&zoom=17&layers=B000FFFF

Switching between mapnik and your layer, names for buildings or pubs
are rendered in one and not another. Same for some icons, e.g. cafe
icon in one, the postoffice next door in another.

Minor things, but you asked for feedback!

cheers,
LT