Gerda og Carsten <gerdaogcars...@toensberg.dk> writes:

> I am unable to remove way http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/4596756
>
> from the relation http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/21359
>
> I am thus also unable to delete way 4596756 which is overlapping
> another way also beeing part of the relation.
>
> I am using JOSM and get en error when I try to upload the relation
> after having taken way out of the relation.

It might be helpful to know what the error is.  The console output of
JOSM might be interesting, too.

> I can see that this relation has more than thousand ways, and I think
> this could be the problem.

You get the error after a fresh download of the relation?  Such a huge
relation has a large potential for conflicting edits because many
people might want to edit it at the same time.  However, I can't
really think of why uploading a new version of a relation could create
a conflict for the API.

Maybe JOSM runs into a timeout with a large object like this when the
server is under load.  Again, what is the error?

Matthias