Shaun McDonald skrev:
There could be another way that has been deleted, or there is a node that is reference by a way that is missing.

Does your script look at those?

Yes, it does. I tested to remove a couple of ways and nodes, and the script detected all faulty references. The script is attached to this mail. It's not fancy (ie. it has no xml parsing), but I think it's working. You just have to run it on a file containing the osm data of a relation and related ways and nodes. To achieve this, select to download incomplete members in the relation editor of JOSM.

Erik