Frederik Ramm wrote:
> This is my main complaint about the voting system too. But
> in the specific case of "smoothness", it seems to me that
> there is probably nobody here who can be said to "not know
> anything about the subject"

Disagree strongly - it depends entirely where you're mapping. I doubt I've
ever come across anywhere where smoothness= might be relevant while mapping
Burton-on-Trent (well, maybe one road which the flipping Gas Board keeps
digging up), a large urban area.

But around here in rural Charlbury, that kind of information is absolutely
crucial when mapping bridleways. As someone on the wiki pointed out, though,
the smoothness tag as currently conceived is near as dammit useless for
these because it offers no chance for differentiating between winter and
summer.

cheers
Richard