On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 08:54:52 +0100, Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org>
wrote:
> I don't think Dave was thinking of anything more than two different
> relations (partly) using the same ways. That would not warrant any
> special kind of relation.
>
> For situations in which you want relations contained in relations - e.g.
> in a situation where a nationwide cycle route comprises 5.000 ways and
> thus cannot be expressed in one single relation -, what I suggest is
> creating a number of "sub relations" that are members of a "super
> relation" with the same tags as the "sub relation". (The super relation
> might have a different "name" tag from the sub relations, in case you
> want to name your sub-relations "blah cycleway, southern section" or so).
>
> The "sub relations" will not receive any extra tags saying that they are
> sub relations.

Some hint that a super-relation exists would be helpfull here.
Else it will happen that the sub-relation AND the super-relation
are processed (in my case: rendered if they are tagged as "type=street").
I could of cause internally add such a hint automatically with a tag
in a special namespace that is removed before exporting/uploading
that part of the map again (so it never ends up in the main-map or
an editor).

Marcus