On 12/02/09 11:43, GIS wrote:
> By a donation we are able distribute data to osm, google and yahoo.
> Data are in DGN and TAB formats.
>
> How do we get further on uploading on osm?
> We might need help due to slow internet connections in the Arctic.

Hi Karl,

That's great news :-) The difficulty is that most often, organizations
who turn up with large amounts of data to import (as you have) get help
from an experienced local member of the community - because they are the
people with the most interest in the import happening. However, it's
quite possible that either there are no OSM people in Greenland or, if
there are, that they are not on this mailing list. And I don't think
there's a registry of where people live (odd for a mapping project...).

You could ask the wiki admins for a list of accounts who have set theit
default language to Kalaallisut, but it's quite possible that most
people leave it as the default of English. Or you could try contacting
WikiProject Denmark http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Denmark for help
- there's a list of people on that page.

Gerv