Hi,

>From what I've read on talk-legal on more than one occasion : Deriving
individual nodes and individual segments on a small scale is OK. Esp.
when they are derived from raw facts (photos and gps traces). But
extracting a whole bunch of nodes and segments that link up is bad.

It's not that Google does not object, but rather legal limits on
copyright provisions (Fair use / Fair trading).

So perhaps we can legally make a google maps based editor for doing
this. But the risk of abuse by a newbie is just too great and not
really worth the extra consideration needed.