On 27 Feb 2009, at 10:09, Grant Slater wrote:

> The OSMF License Working Group is excited and pleased to announce the
> completion of legal drafting and review by our legal counsel of the
> new
> proposed license, the Open Database License Agreement (ODbL).

Thank you for your work to date; clearly a lot of work has gone into
this.

We will now pass this information to our own legal people for review.
We will publish their response to the community as soon as it is
available. If we have any interim questions we will post those to the
list as well.

I have a question about how we manage the Use Cases wiki page during
the consultation phase... The legal people have responded to one set
of Use Cases (excellent news indeed), however the wiki can be changed
at any time so the legal view will become out-of-date as the Use Case
text is updated.

Can I suggest that a separate .pdf document is published which
contains the Use Case version that was actually consulted on and the
response from the legal people to that version? I suggest that we then
revert the Use Case wiki page to the version prior to the legal
comment being added and that we then update the text for the Use Cases

We should then possibly seek a further review of any Use Cases where
the text has been altered (the WIki 'diff' feature will allow us to
identify which Use Cases have updated between the date that the legal
people took their initial version and the current version).

I also suggest that we delete the ' A brief for the proposed SA
licence ' section of the Use Case page as that is now historical, it
may not actually reflect the license and is a distraction (note that I
was the main author of it, so no one should be offended by doing that!).

Regards,

Peter Miller
ITO World Ltd