On 27 Feb 2009, at 15:05, Chris Hill wrote:

> Peter Miller wrote:
>> Would it be appropriate to continue this conversation on legal-
>> talk?  Talk is very busy at the moment and we have a lovely list of
>> our own :)
>>

> Emoticon aside, I think the licence is far too important to just
> discuss among a cosy few.  When I tried to join legal (out of
> interest) I could not.
>> With regard to these questions, lets make a clear distinction
>> between  the question (which anyone is qualified to raise) and the
>> answer (for  which one is likely to need to be a lawyer)!
> I don't need to be a lawyer to have an opinion and just because
> someone is a lawyer doesn't mean they are right.
>
> So, is there a succinct summary of the proposals,plans and options?

There are a bunch of wiki pages of varying quality and accuracy that
relate to the licence here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Category:Open_Data_Licence

Sure, there are also a bunch of unanswered questions and as I am 'on
the outside' as well I don't have the answers to them and actually I
think the people on the inside are still working on some of them. I
suggest that we capture the questions on the 'open issues' wiki page

Regards,

Peter