On 27/02/2009 22:42, Andy Robinson wrote:
> David Earl wrote:
> Clearly you have run out of mapping to find time to spot this :-D

Just monitoring the RSS feed for my area to spot breakages, which do
happen from time to time.

> I recall the very early discussions and the first draft of Map Features
> that we said it really didn't matter too hoots whether it was yes/true/1
> as there was enough understanding in the value to know what it meant.
> I'm still tagging most stuff with "true" and I can't give a reason why.
> I'm not even remotely coding orientated so why I should have picked
> true/false over yes/no I cannot say.

I don't much care either. I'm generally in the "standards" rather than
the "anarchist" camp, but I don't care what things are called. I'm just
as happy with true, yes or 1 in this case. The problem here is that most
of the tools are the opposite, so chances are these changes are
pointless and will tend to drift back again over time.

I'd still like to see a middle ground where tags can be added and
amended at will but through a schema of some kind so the current
position is documented and can be checked. But that's not what I was
getting at here.

> But like you, the time making the change is wasted. Far more productive
> to go and map something.

My point exactly.

David