I'm still a relative newbie, and am confused about how this could get added
to the Mapping Features.

I guess like a lot of people I joined the "osm community" then immediately
started mapping stuff in my local area. In the last few weeks I've tried to
learn a bit more by reading emails sent to the lists, and by reading the
wiki. I've come to the conclusion that OSM is inherently anarchic.

But, although everyone is allowed to add their own tags when mapping, the
community is building up an agreed set of "Mapping Features" on the mapping
features page, via drafts, proposals and voting.

But it appears this feature was added to mapping features without a draft,
proposal or voting. If this is the case the feature should be removed then
added after correct procedure has been followed?

Bots in my limited knowledge seems unacceptable. Surely a bot should also
have to go through some sort of approval process before being unleashed?

Then again, I assume someone will answer with the following "The first rule
of OSM, is that there are no rules".
(If it has been approved or I've not understood a procedure, then the
mapping features page needs to make things clearer)

Jason