On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 10:00 AM, Peter Childs <pchi...@bcs.org> wrote:
> I've been trying to import the Planet file into postgres using
> osm2pgsql, Using the current SVN version, it seams to be segmenting
> when processing the first Way (Under Ubuntu Hardy). Does any one have
> any ideas, or shall I try and import a subset (The UK would fit my
> purpose) and try and get more details....

By "segmenting" you mean "segmentation faulting"? Tip for the future:
if you're getting an error message you want help with, cut and paste
the message in your email, that way we don't have to read your mind.

At a guess you're not using --slim mode and are running out of memory
(you probably don't have 2GB+ in that machine, right?).

Importing a subset is generally better if it's good enough for you.
Importing the whole world will easily take 10+ hours, whereas just
europe can be done much much quicker.

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <klep...@gmail.com> http://svana.org/kleptog/