Frederik Ramm wrote:
>Sent: 19 March 2009 12:00 AM
>To: Russ Nelson
>Cc: Talk Openstreetmap
>Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] Alternatives to wikipedia?
>
>Hi,
>
>Russ Nelson wrote:
>> This is a serious enough issue that it should be escalated to the
>> OSMF.
>
>OSMF telling "the Wikikpedia people" what to do would be like "the
>Wikipedia people" telling us what to do. We'd laugh at them and go on.
>
>A Wikipedia link from OSM is just like any other web link - you have no
>guarantee that its target will remain present (or online). Let's just
>accept this and get on with things. By all means, put a link to
>Encycoplaedia Britannica if you want but how sure are you that this
>outlasts the Wikipedia article?

or we could just start our own factual database beyond geospatial data. Its
clearly a whole lot easier and less contentious if you are only responsible
for documenting fact, and it's a sure way of staying ahead of the game with
this linked-data malarkey.

Leave everything else for Hello magazine.

Cheers

Andy