> How large is the current delay before uploaded data became
> visible?

My question is slightly different. I uploaded two changesets
successfully earlier from JOSM (the third took over an hour so I
clicked Abort and ended up losing my edits, so lucky there weren't
too many. I'll try again when things calm down a bit).
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/EdLoach/edits
However, neither are showing on Mapnik yet and some hours later I've
just manually requested a rerender of the two relevant z12 tiles via
t...@h/Osmarender.
I don't know what triggers Mapnik and/or Osmarender to render given
tiles, but I've cleared all cached information here viewed the areas
at various zoom levels, cleared again, waited, and still I see no
differences.

I mention it in case there is an issue. Has anyone successfully
viewed any changes they’ve made today on any particular rendering
(without manual intervention to get Osmarender to show changes)?

Ed