On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 09:26:46 +0200, Gary68 <g...@gary68.de> wrote:
> there are situations where this is needed. for instance when i want to
> have a rectangle exactly, if i want to clip sharp (maps/pictures).

I guess you are referring to painting ways that leave the visible
area?

> on the other hand if i have a file with referenced nodes where the
> coordinates are missing i will have a problem when i want to use the
> coordinates.

Handle the node as if it did not exist. Skip it (if apropriate with
a log-message).
Works fine for me in rendering, routing and any of the graph-algorithms.
A simple matter of making a program robust instead of just stable.
If input is slightly wrong a program should be able to continue it's task
nonetheless (as long as it's no verifier or the consequences of a slight
error would be dramatic.).

Marcus