Hello everyone,

Immediately after SOTM I plan to take a trip for two weeks or so through
Germany and then down into the Alps. Back in the 1980s I stayed in
Münstertal in the Black Forest, just south of Freiburg. Looking at that
area it's partially mapped but I do know that there were more footpaths
(hiking trails) in the area.

So firstly, is anyone interested in a mapping party sometime during the
week of July 13th?

Secondly (and apologies for being off topic) I have a couple of questions
about accommodation and travel in Germany. In the UK (as you may know)
there is bed and breakfast accommodation in private houses, typically
costing £20-40 a night. Is there similar style accommodation in Germany
and is it bookable via the web?

Thirdly, is there some sort of equivalent for Inter Rail for over 25s
which allows you unlimited rail travel in all, or selected countries of,
Europe for two weeks?

Thanks,
Nick