Nick Whitelegg wrote:

> Secondly (and apologies for being off topic) I have a couple of questions
> about accommodation and travel in Germany. In the UK (as you may know)
> there is bed and breakfast accommodation in private houses, typically
> costing £20-40 a night. Is there similar style accommodation in Germany
> and is it bookable via the web?

"Pension" is the German equivalent to B&B. Looking for "pension+deutschland"
on Google gives a few search sites, but looking for "pension+cityname" will
also give you pensions in that area.

> Thirdly, is there some sort of equivalent for Inter Rail for over 25s
> which allows you unlimited rail travel in all, or selected countries of,
> Europe for two weeks?

Interrail has been available for 26+ for a few years. A global pass for 10
days (to be used within 22 days) is € 359, 22 days is € 469.
http://www.interrail.net/english/index.php is a startpage, but they quote
rather high prices. It may be better to look further, or buy at NS-Hispeed in
Amsterdam when you are there (not entirely certain if that is possible for a
non-resident).

Regards,
Maarten