Hi:

I'm curious about that shapefile that needs some stretching. Assuming its name
is filename.shp, try to type this:

ogrinfo -geom=NO filename.shp filename

what is the output?

Regards,
Juan Lucas

________________________________

                Hello Frederik,

                thanks for your hint. Yes, i know about projections.  Actually,
i reprojected
                the rester images of "blue marble" from a form of WGS84 to
Mercaator
                with an own program.

                But as i've heard it, world_boundaries_m is "defect".  But as
an overlay
                to represent the boundaries it would be ok.  If that
information was a
                misunderstanding and could be fixed with the right projection
that would be
                awesome.

                If i use shoreline_300 instead, the projection is perfectly
fine, but if you
                try to render it _not_filled_ with a LineSymbolizer instead of a
                PolygonSymbolizer, you get some disturbing "plates".  But the
projection
                is fine.

                A ShapeFile contains the "source SRS" inside it, right?  When
rendering
                world_boundaries_m and shoreline_300 i used the same "target
SRS".
                But the result leads to different positions on the final map.

                Does that mean that world_boundaries_m is defect?

                Is there a way to "fix" it somehow?  Or would scaling be
possible?

                Best regards,
                Torsten.

                > Hi,
                >
                > Torsten Mohr wrote:
                > > I have a ShapeFile that seems to be incorrect, scaling it
in Y-direction
                > > could make it fit the background.
                >
                > Do you have a basic understanding of coordinate projections?
If not,