Hello list. Newbie here.

I work for a small press plublishing shop in my city, for a number of years
we have been developing and selling the most complete map of the city and
towns nearby, being the de-facto reference for all the citizens, bus and
taxi drivers, as well as for tourist in town.

Lately we have been interested in osm and, after noting that our town isn't
in osm, we would like to upload all our catography to osm (it's quite a
chunk of data). As a matter of taste we would like for the tiles on our
(printed) maps, to be the same than those online.

So the question arises, it is possible for us to have most of our
cartography on osm and still being able to print (and sell) our directory?

Take into account that at this point we are more worries about legal and
"community" concerns that on technical stuff. Also, if you know any other
experience like this in other countries it's more than wellcome.

Kind regards.

--
Matías Iturburu