I think the custom is to attach comments to the wiki on the discussion page.
It would also be helpful if the comments focused on the aspect of the
proposal that you don't like (eg the use of the designation tag for US road
classifications), since the objective of this stage is to refine the
proposal. Voting comes later. And of course you are entitled to propose
something else instead.

Richard