On Thursday 11 June 2009 06:02:03 Paul Johnson wrote:
> Cartinus wrote:
> > But all other cyclestreets I know of in the Netherlands are signposted
> > with signs that have no legal status at all. Using
> > designation=cyclestreet there would not be appropriate. Using
> > highway=residential or unclassified plus cycleway=cyclestreet sounds like
> > a very good idea for them.
>
> If it's merely posted as a bicycle route but it's not a cyclestreet,
> that would just be whatever highway= plus bicycle=designated.

It's not a route. It is called a "fietsstraat" in Dutch, which litterally
translates to cyclestreet in English. Apart from the signs they generally do
fancy stuff with the road surfacing that encourages cyclists to ride in the
middle of the road, so it is harder for cars to pass them.

<http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bestand:Fietsstraat.JPG>

--
m.v.g.,
Cartinus