CBD is what the geographers call it. I think it can cover the mixed-use bit
around the central core as well, though there is a term "Outer Business
District" for the mixed-use bit (mixed residential and workshops) when that
needs to be distinguished. Alas we've often bull-dozed those areas in the
UK.

"City Centre" or "Town Centre" would generally refer to the commercial
centre (or CBD).

Richard
On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 2:21 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com