> I disagree because I think, the map is the best way to show our
> potential

Well, clearly not. The potential of OSM is not that we can produce a nice
slippy map. Google did that just fine. The potential is that you can do a
lot more with the osm data, than you can with any copyrighted map-API from
one of the big guys. So if we want to show off our potential, then we should
not present our slippy map, but cool projects that have been realised with
osm data.

> (and is also used to serve access to
> online(potlatch-)editors and to export data).

As I said, it is a tool (in a very positive sense).

> Some more features
> wouldn't harm though, if inserted into the common interface without
> any cluttering (e.g. "intelligent" search, GUI for adding markers in

I am with you here. I think those should be implemented in any case.

Greetings,

Peter