On Mon, 6 Jul 2009 20:57:37 +0100
OJ W <ojwli...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Various people have been asking for a better version of the MapOf
> service that's been running on dev for a while, serving mediawiki
> plugins, dynamic wallpapers, images in websites, etc.  So I'm pleased
> to announce a static maps website with a few extra features:
>
> http://dev.openstreetmap.org/~ojw/StaticMap/

Cool! This might also be useful for creating a fallback 'static' page when
JavaScript is disabled on the browsers.

I tried to get it to display a relation, without much luck:
http://dev.openstreetmap.org/~ojw/StaticMap/?lat=49.1293&lon=-114.0790&z=13&rel=18323&show=1
http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/relation/18323

On the topic of relations; does this mean it is OK to place random 'simon's
favourite hike' relations into the OSM database? (I'm working on getting the
local ATV'ers hooked - they cover a lot of trail miles...)

Simon