On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 7:57 PM, OJ W<ojwli...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Various people have been asking for a better version of the MapOf
> service that's been running on dev for a while, serving mediawiki
> plugins, dynamic wallpapers, images in websites, etc.  So I'm pleased
> to announce a static maps website with a few extra features:
>
> http://dev.openstreetmap.org/~ojw/StaticMap/

(Too lazy to read the source now:)

Does this work by stitching together tiles from an arbitrary
tileserver? Or does it use something like cgi-bin/export in some
cases?

If it's the former how do such applications handle cases where the
user exports an area that has "More OSM coming soon" tile(s) anyway?