On Friday 03 July 2009 12:47:42 maning sambale wrote:
> Is it possible for Marble to cache the data for offline viewing?

Yes and no.

Yes, in the sense that if you browse a certain area, the tiles that are
downloaded are cached in the disk cache.

No, in the sense that only the tiles that are actually visited will be cached.
There is no way to say, for instance, "download and cache all tiles in the
current area for all zoomlevels" and then have them downloaded automatically.

In other words, yes it's possible but no, there is no really convenient way to
do it.  Patches are welcome, though . :-)

Note also that the marble team is working on an OSM editing plugin that will
allow the user to directly edit the OSM data.

        -Inge