2009/7/20 Sam Vekemans <acrosscanadatra...@gmail.com>:
> Depending on your perspective (and who your boss is). ... according to
> tree-huggers, all trees that are standing SHOULD be protected, and
> designated as a national park. :)  ... tree's were there way longer than
> people, and should be more respected :-)

well I'm not a tree-hugger, but still think, some respect would be appropriate

>  ... Anyway, tree's are just a
> THING that provides everything for the land and people get in the way and
> mess it up.
> just as sand is a THING ...

What a strange opinion. Guess you were kidding? Trees of cause are NOT
a THING, they are
living, and this is quite important also to us as by logging all trees
we ourselves could not live on (as living things are interacting more
intense with their environment as e.g. sand does - heard of
evaporation, photosynthesis, oxygen and stuff?)

cheers,
Martin