My crude understanding is that the mapnik renderer is given minutely diffs
of the tiles that have changed during a changeset. Upon the next viewing of
the changed tile a new tile is rendered and displayed. Occasionally a
changeset is missed by the diffs and it takes that section being changed
again or a re-render of the world to catch the changes, I wouldn't worry
about it check it out on t...@h (they're there)
http://tah.openstreetmap.org/Browse/slippy/?zoom=14&lat=32.4719&lon=-110.807&layers=BF

As a side note, it looks like your current import toolchain causes lots of
duplicate nodes. see the maplint layer on OSM proper
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=32.4719&lon=-110.807&zoom=14&layers=000BTTFT
figuring
out a way to reduce/eliminate those duplicate nodes before upload, is
probably a good idea.

Woo trails!

-Tyler