Thanks. I checked Osmarender layers a little while ago and they weren't
there then. Glad they are now appearing.

Regarding the duplicates - it must be because the bulk upload using
Balrogg's upload.py sometimes fails part way through because the server
closes the connection. But if it doesn't appear in the list of edits
under my name then I assumed that no data was stored. The changeset
shouldn't have been closed.

I just double-checked: there are no dupes in my original OSM file.

Andy

Tyler wrote:
> My crude understanding is that the mapnik renderer is given minutely
> diffs of the tiles that have changed during a changeset. Upon the next
> viewing of the changed tile a new tile is rendered and displayed.
> Occasionally a changeset is missed by the diffs and it takes that
> section being changed again or a re-render of the world to catch the
> changes, I wouldn't worry about it check it out on t...@h (they're
> there)
> http://tah.openstreetmap.org/Browse/slippy/?zoom=14&lat=32.4719&lon=-110.807&layers=BF
>
> <http://tah.openstreetmap.org/Browse/slippy/?zoom=14&lat=32.4719&lon=-110.807&layers=BF>
>

> As a side note, it looks like your current import toolchain causes lots
> of duplicate nodes. see the maplint layer on OSM
> proper
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=32.4719&lon=-110.807&zoom=14&layers=000BTTFT
>
> <http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=32.4719&lon=-110.807&zoom=14&layers=000BTTFT>
>  figuring
> out a way to reduce/eliminate those duplicate nodes before upload, is
> probably a good idea.
>

> Woo trails!
>
> -Tyler
>
> On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 10:11 PM, Andrew Ayre <a...@britishideas.com
> <mailto:a...@britishideas.com>> wrote:
>
>     I have uploaded two sets of trails on two different days. The first set
>     have rendered, but the second set hasn't. I'm stumped as to why.
>
>     I'll give examples of a single trail from each set.
>
>     This one works:
>
>       http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/37637417
>
>     This one doesn't:
>
>       http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/37847604