On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 15:59:41 +0200, Martin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdre...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/7/23 Liz <ed...@billiau.net>:
>> The end result of my quick check is that
>> 1. European or northern hemisphere categories of forest are incompatible
>> with
>> Australian flora.
>> 2. Standardised category names may be meaningless to mappers who aren't
>> going
>> to use them if they don't understand them.
>
> can't really see a problem: it's a wiki. Just add what you need to
> describe your surroundings.

So long as we start with "natural=trees" which renders as a big green area
and has the name (where given) in the middle, there's no problem. We can
have wood=deciduous and wood=eucalyptus with appropriate tiled symbols, and
if somebody uses wood=martian then it just defaults to a green area until
we have a new symbol for alien arborea.

Regards,
Tom