Liz:

> the broad categories in the UNEP-WCMC system make sense but the terms don't

cover "Mallee" and the most common type of surviving Australian forest "dry

sclerophyll" is a term very few mappers would be familiar with.

The UNEP-WCMC spec specifically says "Temperate broadleaf and mixed" covers
"the sclerophyllous forests of Australia." I would call both the ecucalypts
and eucalyptus broadleaf, the acacia is pretty much a broadlead, and the
mixed allows for most of the other stuff to be

As both Martin and Tom said, add what's needed to the wiki and the renderers
will eventually catch up. I would say starting with the UNEP-WCMC would work
nicely, (though it looks like all Australian forests would be broadly
classified as the same thing--excluding the "sparse trees and parkland" and
"forest plantations") then drilling down to continent/subcontinent specific
forest classifications would work.

-Tyler