On Tue, 28 Jul 2009, Roy Wallace wrote:
> My main point is that when there is a "maximum height under a way",
> this should be tagged as an attribute of that way, not of the ways
> that pass under it.

Here I cannot agree
When I travel over the bridge I am not interested in the maximum height of the
way which travels under the bridge.

When I travel under the bridge I am interested in the height limitation.

Going back to my multipart specification, trying to really comprehend the
logic

the height of the arch is a property of the bridge.
the max height which can go under the bridge is a property of the way / node
beneath it

note that counter-intuitively, height > max height > clearance