Tom Hughes schrieb:
> On 30/07/09 15:01, lulu-...@gmx.de wrote:
>

>> on the SotM09 there was agreement that the search field should be visible at
>> the upper left of the screen in all screen resolutions on
>> http://www.openstreetmap.org .
>>

> Funny, I obviously missed that.

+1

>> This is not realized yet.
>> Who can do it, please?
>>

> Lots of people can, but there are very good reasons why it is where it
> is at the moment which is why it hasn't been moved.
>
> The whole home page needs a redesign, and I don't really want to start
> fiddling with little things like this when we should be doing the job
> properly.
>
> There are also issues with search at the moment which mean we don't
> actually want to make it too prominent.
>
> Since the SOTM advert has been removed it should now be on the home page
> for most people anyway - the main problems come when there is extra
> stuff in the sidebar like the SOTM ad that pushes it below the bottom of
> people's windows.

+1
Steve started a wiki-page with ideas for a frontpage redesign some time
ago (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Front_Page), but it seems like
the process stopped.
There were also some discussion about how prominent the map should be or
if we should put more text on the frontpage (3 columns layout etc.)

Jonas