Andy Allan wrote:
> It's worth pointing out that there are developers who are working on
> improving the search (primarily David Earl), so it's a known issue
> that's being worked on rather than something that's being ignored.

Indeed. I am currently reloading the index from the planet file. The
index hasn't been updated since January. Once reloaded it should then be
kept up to date as before.

The reload from scratch hasn't been done for nearly 18 months. In that
time the planet file has grown enormously, so it is taking much longer
than before (although that may also be down to the method, which is
slightly different, to deal with the problems that caused us to suspend
updates in the first place).

The first two attempts also failed - finger trouble and the duff planet
file last week.

So it will be a while yet, but I am indeed working on it.

David