andrzej zaborowski schrieb:
> Hi Peter,
> I don't think anybody has a reason to object to merging them.  At
> least me and User:Mala have been merging some of these nodes last week
> and we got no blackmail so far :)  I believe we went through all the
> country nodes which didn't have a name:pl= or name:it= assigned yet so
> out of your list at most 15 or so countries should still remain
> duplicated.
>
> Cheers

The main problem is that I'm unable to produce an up-to-date list from
database since I don't have the resources to import an up-to-date dump.

I'll try to process an up-to-date planet.osm tomorrow to generate an
up-to-date list from it. It's a pity that cassini is not updated via the
diffs right now.

At the next step I'll generate a list for each wikimedia-language
containing all countries and their names in this language, so people can
correct the locale names more easy. It seems you've already done this
for pl and it -- I'm about to do it for de.

Peter