Richard Fairhurst schrieb:
> Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
>> I also experienced the same issue when mapping in Italy. When I
>> was in Germany, it was a completely different potlatch-experience
>> and I was sorry for blaming potlatch in the past ;-)
>
> :)
>
> Potlatch is indeed quite sensitive to connectivity problems, whether with
> the OSM server or anything in between. Or to be more accurate, Flash Player
> is reluctant to tell Potlatch if the connection has failed, so Potlatch is
> happily sitting there not knowing anything is wrong.
>
> The link that Mike posted works pretty quickly for me - only about three
> seconds or so. So it does sound like it might be a network issue.
>
> Best advice is that if it's taking too long, just refresh.
>
> cheers
> Richard
>
> (wrt Peter Körner's post, I think I'm going to write Botlatch, a script
> which will look for any mention of JOSM and reply "Have you tried Potlatch?
> It's a Flash program which performs much better (IMHO) than JOSM etc. etc.")

I'm sorry I wrote such a dumb answer. If someone is using Postlatch he's
probably doing so with intent. My intention was to give Mike a solution
he can work with. I see that the suggestion "try another tool" is not
the correct answer to "tool xy does not what it should" and I promise to
think about it, next time.

Peter